How To Go Abroad
Pitt Business students should apply for their study abroad programs through the Pitt Study Abroad Website. When applying for your international program, please follow the steps outlined below:
- If you do not already have one, apply for a U.S. passport. Your passport must be valid for a period of at least six months after your scheduled date of return. If your current passport expires during that time, apply for a passport renewal.
- Discuss your plans with an advisor in the Pitt Business Study Abroad
- Choose an appropriate program that fits your academic goals
- Apply to the program, first through Pitt’s Study Abroad system. Please follow all instructions carefully and obtain all necessary materials for the application process.
- If you are applying to a third party program, follow all additional instructions provided by your third party application.
- Obtain a written acceptance into the program and follow additional steps
- After acceptance and upon receiving information with dates and times, sign up for a Pitt Study Abroad Program Agreement meeting
- Complete Pitt Study Abroad Program Agreement as well as the Course Approval form
- Return completed Pitt Study Abroad Program Agreement to the Pitt Business Study Abroad Office before the specified guidelines
- Go abroad!
- Return from program.
- If you participated in a third-party program, make sure you have made arrangements for the program to send your study abroad transcript to the Pitt Business Study Abroad Office.
Pitt Business works alongside the University of Pittsburgh's Swanson School of Engineering to bring students a variety of workshops that are designed to prepare them for the study abroad process.
If you have never been out of the country before, watch our First Time Travelers' Workshop.