Home > Undergraduate > Student Services > Advising
Do you like the idea of working with a professional academic advisor during the entire time you spend as a business student at the University of Pittsburgh? You will not find the level of one-on-one, personalized service CBA advising offers at every business school. This service, and the fact that we really do know our business students, is one of the reasons that CBA advising is special.
Professional academic advisors are here to help you with the obvious things (like deciding which classes you ought to take, or how to effectively make your way through a big institution like Pitt), but also in many more subtle and important ways. Ask your friends, older siblings, parents, or anyone you know who has gone to college—good advising can make a big, positive difference in your college experience.
Topics that students and advisors talk about include:
- Integrated course selection: Which courses in the School of Arts and Sciences and the College of Business Administration best complement your interests?
- Choosing a major: Which CBA major can get you where you want to go? Is a dual major or a double degree an option that makes sense for you?
- Personal issues: How can you balance your personal responsibilities and challenges with a demanding curriculum? CBA advising often works together with the University Counseling Center and the Office of Disability Resources and Services.
- Educational experiences abroad: Whether you plan to spend one term, one year, or more studying abroad, international experience is a crucial part of your business education. How can you make it happen—and still graduate in four years?
- Honors programs: Are you considering taking one or more courses in the University Honors College? Would you like to learn more about an honors degree?
- Career evolution: Are you writing a resume for the first time? Or looking for coaching on the latest interview techniques? Or hoping to land that fantastic internship that may lead to the job of your dreams? CBA advising works closely with CBA Career Services to link your academic and career goals.
The choices you make as a student will shape your life as the professional you are aiming to become. The professional academic advisors of CBA are here to help provide you with the information you need to make choices that will lead to your future success.
CBA advisors strive to know our students and to know what information our students need. We all share a common goal: to help our students achieve an outstanding educational, personal, and preprofessional experience while at the College of Business Administration. Please do not hesitate to e-mail or call your CBA advisor.